Monday, August 3, 2009

The Yarn called to me.

I tried to resist starting any new big projects. For the sake of conversation, we'll say a big project is anything except socks and scarves. I have a Special Project (SP)coming up that has a deadline. I'm not sure what I'm knitting yet for this SP, but I know that it will be a sweater of some sort and I'll have 4 weeks to complete it. The yarn is supposed to arrived in mid-August. Knowing that the SP will be my obsession for the weeks it takes me to complete it, I don't want to be burnt out on knitting. So last week, I read a trashy book, knitted the first half a Naughty/Nice Scarf for a friend, and had some friends over.

Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore. This is my 4th Naughty/Nice Scarf and I'm so tired of this pattern. So I cast on another project: Tiger Scarf. It's a lacy scarf and lace takes quite a bit of concerntation. This will be an ongoing project. I was happily knitting when something called to me.

It was my skein of Dream in Color Baby in Beach Fog. It has long been destined to be a Featherweight Cardigan. The yarn was no longer content to be stashed, so I thought I would wind it into a cake. That would surely appease Beach Fog, right? I also made the gesture of purchasing the required pattern and writing down the required modifcations, but I don't think it's enough. I know that when I get home tonight, the Beach Fog will be calling to me to start my Featherweight Cardigan.

What's a girl to do? I can't resist the call of the yarn.

No comments: