Monday, October 5, 2009

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I was doing really great with Jillian's 30 Day Shred workout. It was still kicking my ass, but I didn't feel like I was about to expire either. Then we adopted our new puppy, Piper. Prepping for her, and going to pick her up nixed two workouts. However, on Friday, I was determined to workout again. I just didn't count on Piper being an early riser. I also didn't count on the fact that having her around would sometimes require me to move a lightning speed to stop her from doing things she isn't supposed to. Hence why wear slippers on our tile was never a problem until now. I discovered the hard way (literally) that slippers are quite slippery when on tile and that tile is very, very hard. I took a pretty hard fall at 6am Friday morning that killed the rest of my day.

Now, I remember falling as a kid, but I don't recall that it caused back & ab pain hours later. I also don't recall it making me nauseous for half a day. I must be getting old. Needless to say, I didn't workout on Friday or at all this weekend.

Today is the day I will get back in the groove! Next summer will be here before I know it and I'm determined to make it to the top of Half Dome!

No comments: